Friday, December 11, 2009

Intramural Champs

We did it! We won the Division 1 Women's Intramural Soccer Championship!
I've been playing with a lot of the same girls for a few seasons now. Our first season playing together we couldn't get people to show up to the regular season games, so we lost a bunch and were dropped down to the 3rd division. When tournament play came around and we actually got a full team to show up, we won the division! The next season, we won the second division. This year, we only lost one regular season game and it was to the team we ended up beating twice in-a-row to win the championship. We had to beat them twice because it was double elimination and we had already lost once in the tournament. I think we proved ourselves, though. The first game we beat them 4-1.
In the final game, we were tied 2-2 with 5 minutes left. We were able to put one in, just over the keeper's fingertips. With less than a minute left, we scored again and won 4-2.
The T-shirts this year are pretty cool. On the front they say "Intramural Champions 2009" and then it says "The Most Coveted T-Shirt on Campus." On the back it says, "Thou Shalt Not Covet." Anyway, thanks for not rolling your eyes (unless you already did) about how excited and pumped I am to win an INTRAMURAL championship! :)

Pictures stolen from Megan--thanks!

5 comments:

Laura said...

cute! and congrats! we miss intramural days

Meg said...

YEAH!! What a great game. :) My MPA team said your goal was awesome by the way. You've got one heck of a kick.

Brian Glenn said...

woohoo way to win it again! especially division one... awesome!

Melissa + Brett said...

I LOVE THAT SHIRT! That is so awesome Whit! I wish there were some place I could still be playing soccer!! I miss it!

shira said...

congrats! haha, love the shirts! can't wait to see you guys!!!