Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Confession

Buying produce from Walmart is not my favorite. I bought apples there yesterday. Tonight we made spinach salad with chicken grapes apples and Brianna's poppyseed dressing... but thinking about the apples' original home at Walmart was really grossing me out... so I washed them. I washed them with antibacterial soap. Shhh, don't tell Devon. He thinks I'm crazy already, and he is sitting across the table eating the glorious salad as I type.

6 comments:

Sarah said...

you always bring the lols! your secret is safe with me :) P.s. buy your produce from Sunflower Market...we love that place!

Faith Garff said...

ha ha funny.
I dont think food can ever be too clean.

Rachel Glenn said...

ughhh i hate walmart produce... it always goes bad so fast! but hey, thats what you get when you're a poor student, right? not shocked about the soap either:)

The Grover Gang said...

Whit you are a girl after my own heart!! remember we are not psycho clean freaks, we are just careful, clean, organized people!! Just wait until those kiddos come, It just gets worse, or I mean you just get cleaner!!

Shanna said...

Amen to Sunflower! Wal-mart is wretched for produce. Good call on the antibacterial. =)

Leanna said...

http://www.cnn.com/2010/HEALTH/06/01/dirty.dozen.produce.pesticide/index.html

Whitney...you should totally read this...totally applies!