Once upon a time I made a goal to run 25 miles per week. Yesterday I completed my fourth week of this goal and ran my 100th mile! This is me getting home from the gym after running miles 96-100. I'm feeling pretty awesome. I'm not sure how my mileage running cross-country in high school compares to this, because I never really kept track back then. But I feel like I had to work pretty hard for this--mostly sacrificing the time--which is sometimes harder than the physical challenge.
I learned that running on incline is much lower impact and overall healthier. It has taken my workouts to a whole new level. It stinks because it's a lot harder (so I don't look forward to getting on the treadmill as much as I had been), but if I'm going to be running the rest of my life, which I plan to, then I need to be thinking long term. I don't want to grind my joints into bone crumbs. Plus, I think it's better for my arthritis.
4 comments:
wahoo! that's awesome!!! so how many miles a day is that? do you run everyday or do you make up on days?! so happy for you!! good job!
I run Monday through Thursday and then either Friday or Saturday. I try to stay on track, because ten miles in one day is just not something I want to do. :)
You totally rock Whitney! Holy moly I want to be like you. Seriously - way to go!
Whit you are my hero. I think I might just have to try that. Maybe it will whip my bootie back into shape!
Post a Comment