Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Race day and moving

Hayley flew in to help us move to North Carolina for the summer for Devon's internship, which we were so grateful for! Devon finished his finals and we started getting packed up.

 The neighborhood swing

May 4th was the Columbus half-marathon (a.k.a. race day) and also moving day.
I ended up having some knee problems and went to physical therapy for rehab. I got a free ticket out of the the longer runs per doctor's orders, so that was nice, but I also wasn't as ready for the race as I was for the Akron half last September. My goal for this race was to pace my friend and help her run it in under two hours! I got teary hugging Angie at the finish line. It was quite an accomplishment! Our friend, Kelli, ran it six months pregnant--also quite the accomplishment!
While I ran, Hayley and Devon packed both cars to the brim and were ready to leave. I got home, showered, said goodbye to our neighbors and our dear friends, The Parkers, and hopped in the car. We were off.

1 comment:

Scottie and Angie said...

It must be that time of the month, or just that I am really missing you and OHIO, but this post made me tear up! Fighting back tears still! Thanks for the awesome race, for being my awesome neighbor, baby sitter, and MOST importantly FRIEND! Keep is touch always!
PS. Thanks for the comments, I saw them, and thanks for updating too.