July 24th is Pioneer Day! It's a day to celebrate and remember the pioneers who traveled hundreds and even thousands of miles to Utah on foot pushing hand carts through terrible weather and treacherous terrain. It's a state holiday in Utah, so a lot of people have the day off work, like Devon. In the a.m. we drove down to Provo to check out an apartment for rent. It's a cute split level apartment. Just about everything is brand new, the carpet, the paint, the flooring, the tub, sink, toilet, windows, cabinets, appliances, and even crown molding! It's so cute and almost 12o0 square feet! Then we went and saw Mama Mia which was funny and cute. Then we had a a big family party at Grandma's with cousins, aunts, and uncles. It's basically like another fourth of July. My uncle and cousins shot of huge (illegal) fireworks in the park which is just behind my grandma's backyard fence. We did sparklers in the backyard while we watched the fireworks. Devon lit sparklers with a candle because the matches weren't working out very well. We ate lots of good food and enjoyed the company of family. The bottom picture is Devon trying to blow out an enormous flame! Too funny!
8 comments:
Thank you for not putting my horrendous pictures on here. I love you. you can send them to me though.
HI!! I didn't know you had a blog!! Very cute! Now we can see what you are up to... :)
Hey! So I'm so sorry I didn't call you back. I don't check my phone much in Canada (calls are expensive) but I got your message and that's totally fine. Let me know about the 10k and I'll do it! For the relay is it $30 dollars for each of us?
I hope you guys get the apartment! Devin gave me tons of details on the phone and it sounds awesome! I can't wait to see it!
I love:
1. that i found your blog
2. your blog
3. seeing you at Nordstrom
I love that you have a blog. Seems like you are loving life. I was so happy to be at your wedding and miss you too!
Hey girl! i just found your blog! you guys look like your having way fun! isnt married life great??!!! I love it! We also our going on our "belated" honeymoon soon in a couple months to europe! Anyways nice to see you again!
i also didn't know you had a blog!!! I loved the pics, you guys are too cute, we will def have to get together sometime in the fall when we're back up there!
Post a Comment