
We had an intramural softball game on Saturday. It was Devon's second game and my first. I hit a double and felt pretty good about it. Devon got on base every at bat and even hit a home run! He's amazing! Our team won the game! Afterward, we decided to hang around and play a pick up game. Devon was on one side and James, my brother, was on the other side of me as we walked in between two fields. I didn't think to pay attention to the two guys playing catch on the field to my left. Suddenly I just got popped in my shin with a softball! The second baseman had thrown it to the first baseman who completely missed the ball. By the way softballs are not soft! I didn't think I was going to die or anything but it stung like crazy! Within seconds I had a huge goose egg on my shin. This picture is SO not flattering...I swear it's the angle or something. You can kinda see the knot. Of course it looked worse in real life. Throughout the day, the fluid (or whatever was inside the nasty thing) spread down my leg, so my whole shin was evenly swollen. Gross huh? It was still a fun day though, and I was glad we won the game! I just wish it had happened making a diving catch or something impressive like that. Mark (my father-in-law) said I should make up a story so I'm still workin' on that.
5 comments:
Gross! What is that weird looking tumor thing on your leg?
ouch! that looks painful! i hope it feels better. i've had a bad experience with a softball getting thrown at my nose before, so i can also testify that softballs are not so soft!
You are one tough chicka!!! I'm sorry about your leg Whit! Jeez that must have hurt!
P.S. I'm so excited for our relay race! :)
We’re moving around August 20. We should hang out!
Holy Cow! You two appear to be prone to accidents...we will steer clear!
Post a Comment