Thursday, August 21, 2008

The Glassman Residence

We are pretty much settled! We love our new home and we've had so much fun getting all set up and finally using all our wedding gift cards! Devon has really been quite the Mr. Fix It! We've added a few things here and there since these pictures were taken, like a mirror on the wall above the lamps and a couple decorative vases. Tomorrow we are getting our couch replaced and the chaise lounge section that's been on back order. We've had troubles with the washing machine going crazy. I wish I'd taken pictures of Devon riding it like a cowboy trying to get it to stop shaking violently! Hilarious! That's the next project on the to do list (my dad can help us with this one).

I just started my new job with a marketing research company as an account manager and I'm anxious to get going with my own clients. I have a lot to learn, but I really like it so far, especially my boss and co-workers. We like our ward too, but we miss our primary kids in Riverton.

It's fun to live across from Amber and Steve. We like to play racquetball and go to the gym and have them over to eat and watch the Olympics. My dad flies in tomorrow night and then Mom and Will fly in Monday night--we can't wait!! William is starting his freshman year at BYU. I can't believe he's a college boy! Ahhh! We are so happy to live close to James AND William, Grandma and Grandpa Draper, Aunt Diane and more relatives on my dad's side.

11 comments:

The Painters said...

Love it and Love you!

Lanette said...

OK, that is the cutest place ever! How awesome! Congrats! And congrats on your job! It sounds stellar.

Lisa and Mark said...

the place looks super sweet! great job! i also cannot believe william is starting college. i remember when he was so young we were still dealing with wet beds...

Sundbergs said...

Great job. Looks like a wonderful home.

shira said...

Congratulations on the new job Whitney!!! I know you'll do great! I love your place! It is super cute from what I see in the pictures! Love it! Miss you guys! Hope all is well.

Todd Family said...

Hey lady! i'm glad you found us! how's everything going? it looks like you are having a blast with everything! married life is the bomb.com. i'm glad you have a blog..now i can see what's going on in your life! love you!

Tamara Terrill said...

I love your pillows on the couch! Luke still reminds me of our trip to Ross where he says, "Mom, I just took a picture of Whitney's booty!"

Laura said...

cutestblogontheblock is a good place for fun blogs. i like rockyou.com for slides of pictures and onetruemedia for movies. miss you guys!

Meg said...

Haha no biggie. We can train for another race. I'll be your training partner.:) If you have a golds membership I like to go do the spin classes every once and awhile. And yes! I really want to get a team together for soccer. I think that sign ups start wednesday. Isn't it always the second day after school starts? I will get into contact with Tammy and stuff. Do you know Mandy or Aubrie's numbers by chance? Or anyone who wants to play. We definitely need a goalie.

shira said...

LOL! Whitney, that's hilarious!!! You totally had a marijuana leaf necklace...classic! That story seriously made me laugh so hard!

Chrissie said...

Your place looks great! So when are you going to have us over? Haha, we move in this Thursday and we will have you over as soon as we get settled in!