Thursday, August 7, 2008

The Latest Move

On Tuesday Devon and I moved down to Provo into an apartment that has been completely redone! With Sharla's priceless help, we are just about settled. We're so excited about our new home. The first place we lived after the wedding was the basement of a house where we had a sink and a fridge and that was the extent of our kitchen. We set up a card table with a toaster oven and "roughed" it, so to speak, for four months. We moved in with Granny and lived in her basement, which was great fun! Granny's cooking is amazing and we loved staying up late playing Canasta with Granny and her sister, Aunt Diane, but it was time to move closer to work (Devon works in Provo and I'll be working in Orem). We live in a split level duplex with lots of space. We are loving it and it has only been two days! I will post pictures of our new place as soon as we get it a little more organized! I also want to make a special note that on Wednesday we ran into my bishop from my sophomore year, Bishop Jackman. He was such an inspiration to me at that time in my life and I'm so grateful for his kindness and love. He was my brother's bishop the following year, so it's neat that we both had the privilege of getting to know him!

2 comments:

Chrissie said...

Congratulations on your new place! We can't wait to see it! We will have you guys over when we move into ours too!

Lanette said...

Fun! I love living in Provo, even if my house is a bit ghetto. That's awesome that you found a nice place! Those are sometimes hard to find here :) Where are you working? Congrats!