Sunday, October 26, 2008

Devon's cankle


Devon rolled his ankle in his football game Friday night. It was one of those instant-swell injuries. So now he's got a cankle, not an ankle. Sad day. He won't be able to play again until the tournament starts, maybe even longer. This picture might not be the best angle but it was the only one that didn't have his toes in it. Let's just say he needs a pedicure. Maybe that's my fault.

We dressed up for our ward Halloween party as 80s people (I guess there's not really a fancy name for that). Our friends were 70s people, and Dorothy and Todo. How fun huh!
They announced a competition for the scariest dessert and Devon was determined to win it, so he made these brain aneurysm cup cakes. We didn't win but they tasted bomb and now I'm going to use them as treats for the ladies I visit teach. How precious!

4 comments:

Abby said...

I have a cankle right now too! I rolled my ankle running on Wednesday and it's STILL swollen. Not so fun. Those cupcakes are awesome:)

Sundbergs said...

Sounds like a fun halloween, but not so fun for the ankle.

shira said...

I love Devon's brain aneurysm cupcakes! Lol! You guys look so cute in your 80s costumes! I still haven't decided on a costume yet. I hope your ankle feels better Dev! I'm so stoked for you guys to get out here! Only 4 more weeks to paradise! Can't wait to pick you guys up at the airport!

Scott said...

You guys, I miss seeing you. It has been way to long and I really think we need to catch up.