Friday, April 10, 2009

I took a dive...

...not into a pool. No biggy. It was fun, and Chris said it looked really awesome. He had a perfect view from the dirt hill he was standing on about 100 feet away. Devon told me it would be a good idea to ride off this ledge (I didn't know it was a ledge, so there I am sitting right on top of my seat like Little Red Riding Hood, clueless). I totally endoed. It wasn't that bad though, except for that night when I scrubbed the little dirt clumps and rocks out of my skin.
This was during our weekend trip down in St. George a few weekends ago with Chris and Shaunae Heideman. We went mountain biking and then climbing. It was such a fun Saturday spent under the warmth of the sun. We had such a blast. After we climbed they took us longboarding--luge style--through this sweet underground pipe. It was way fun. I loved it because I felt like a little rambunctious, adventurous 15-year-old again!
Here are some pictures of the fun.

The climb we did was three pitches. Devon led a 5.10a and I led a 5.9. It was scary at times because the rock was brittle. One of my holds crumbled because I was pulling out instead of down. Pretty freaky (just kidding Mom)!There was a crazy strong updraft so it got chilly. We look awkward right here because we're leaning forward so we don't fall 300 feet to the bottom.

2 comments:

Todd Family said...

Hooray for climbing! we are going to head up to saint george one day with our friends and go camping up there. mountain biking would be a blast too!! glad you had fun! oh and i just have to say...YOU? CLUELESS?! NEVER! :)jk

shira said...

I hope you are all healed up! My dad said you showed him your bruise. That trip down to St. George looked like a ton of fun! We miss you guys and can't wait to see you!