My Grandma Draper passed away last Monday. She has been sick for the last year, but it was still somewhat of a shock to most of us. The doctor had said she was getting better but things suddenly took a turn for the worst.
Her funeral was yesterday and the services were beautiful. We cried, hugged, smiled, and laughed--it was perfect. Granny left behind so many wonderful memories. I will miss her so much, but I know she is in a better place where she can rest free from worry, sorrow, and pain. I can't wait for the day when we are all reunited. Here are some pictures.
Grandma and Grandpa at my wedding reception in North Carolina, January 12, 2008. Grandpa passed away on November 17, 2008 and Grandma passed away on August 17, 2009.
Grandma made my wedding dress and all my bridesmaids' dresses.
Kim, me, Grandma, and Diane at my reception in NC.
One of the last things my Grandma got to do was take William to the MTC on May 20, 2009.
Grandma made my wedding dress and all my bridesmaids' dresses.
Kim, me, Grandma, and Diane at my reception in NC.
One of the last things my Grandma got to do was take William to the MTC on May 20, 2009.
3 comments:
Whit, I'm so sorry to hear about your Grandma. It's tough when you lose a family member. And your Grandma did an amazing job on your wedding dress. So beautiful!
P.S. Hey, we should do something this weekend or next. Nate gets back Thursday night.
I am sorry to hear about your grandma! It's defintely a bitter sweet moment! Hope your family is doing well despite it all! you'll be in my thoughts! she's a beautiful lady!
Love you guys!
Post a Comment