Friday, February 12, 2010

My oh-so-wise Dad

This post was inspired by my friend Sarah who seems to also have a problem with "Backseat Driving."
It reminded me of something that coincidentally happened just last night...
We were on our way to get couples massages (at a place about 2 miles from home). Devon was driving and I was talking to my Dad on the phone while simultaneously telling Devon how to drive. (I think I was motioning for him to hit the brakes, which is what I do when I feel like he's not braking quickly enough and we might rear-end the car ahead of us.) Anyway, Devon says, "Tell your dad to tell you to stop telling me how to drive." I was laughing pretty hard as I repeated it to my dad, and this was his response: "There is only one thing worse than you telling Devon how to drive, and that is Devon telling you how to drive. So, you better knock it off or that's what's going to happen." And there is my, oh-so-wise Dad for ya! Love you Dad!

3 comments:

The Grover Gang said...

LUV IT!! I love that you are a backseat driver like the rest of us ladies!! Luv your dads advise, I will try to think of it the next time I loudly speak to Jared in the car about how fast he is going!

Stefanie Elyse said...

Love it Whit :)

Amy Rex said...

I am pretty sure that all wives do that to their husbands. I know Tyler hates it when I do it... I try really hard not to, but sometimes he still sees me cringe! haha.