Sunday, March 7, 2010

My Trip to NC

On Feb 16, I left for NC for ten days! It was so much fun to relax and spend time with my family. For the record, I did miss Devon, but I hadn't seen my family since August, so it was overdue and much needed.
This is Hayley with her birthday presents from Devon and me. I couldn't get her to smile normal. She is such a goofball!

Riley was my buddy the whole time I was there. We'd work on his homework together, play XBox MLS soccer, and lie by the fire while watching the Olympics. He is the sweetest 7-year-old boy in the world!On Friday I drove down to Fayetteville with my mom to go to a sewing class. We got there early so we could have Sarah's amazing home cooked lunch... fried chicken, baked beans, cornbread, field peas and rice, pork, fish, vanilla pound cake... it was delicious!!Me, Mom, Sarah, Uncle David, Aunt BettieWe met our good friends Jenn and Grayden Decker for dinner at Jason's Deli (they moved from Provo, UT to Fayetteville, NC in October). It was so fun to see them. Grayden is talking so much! He is the cutest. Jenn is due with their second boy in April. Devon was very bummed that he wasn't there to see his buddy Grayden. :)I had to say "Show me your teeth" to get Grandpa to smile, and this is what I got. He's so funny!Mom and Dad introduced me to a tasty new treat... it's very fancy and comes from the gas stationThe cutest 17-year-oldDinner at Brixx for my birthdayWe couldn't quite get the pose and timing rightMiss you guys!

3 comments:

Brian Glenn said...

how fun!!! oh my gosh can't believe he's 7....

Stefanie Elyse said...

wow, that looks like such a fun time! But I can assure you Devon definitely missed you!

shira said...

oh my gosh, i love your grandpa, he's just too cute!