It's official. We are Ohio residents! Devon and I feel extremely blessed with how the whole transition has gone from finding a job and a place to live to the actual move from Utah to Ohio. We have had help from so many great friends and family members. We are very grateful to everyone involved.
We love it here so far and couldn't feel better about our new home, location, ward, friends, job, school, everything! The people here are really nice, we have yet to experience REAL traffic, the weather is pretty awesome (tornado warning today!), and we are excited that we'll be in such a great place for three years! People have already warned me that many who relocate to Ohio "temporarily" for school often become permanent residents. My attitude is, if that happens to us then it is meant to be, but ultimately we'll go where the job takes us.
I work at THE Ohio State University Medical Center. I'm a secretary and surgery scheduler for a urologist. I like it way more than I thought I would (I don't mean that in a bad way). It is great for a lot of reasons. Devon and I are able to carpool to school/work on most days. He usually drops me off and then parks over by the law building. Since I'm an employee, I get a better parking pass than students so he usually gets a decent spot. The benefits are great and Devon gets a discount (a NICE discount) on his tuition because he is a "dependent" of an employee (me). Huge savings. Love it! And I can take classes for FREE! I'm trying to decide if I want to take prerequisites for nursing school or work toward a master's degree.
We have been to North Carolina twice in the last two months. Most recently, we went over Labor Day Weekend. It is SO great being closer to my fam! It's only a seven-hour drive from Columbus to Raleigh! (But we do miss all our fam out west!)
I will take some good pictures of our new place and post those soon.
At the pool in Raleigh on Labor Day
All the girls - Hayley is always being crazy
My awesome 8-year-old brother, Riley
Riley being rad as usual
My two boys on the drive back from the lake
Me and Grandpa Brock
He makes some goooood bacon!
View from the lake
Uncle Aaron and the amazing barrel roll
Victoria on the knee board, Holly, me, Abby (cousins)
Victoria is multi-talented and overall pretty much awesome
Devon on the wakeboard
Yep this is my husband
Our first OSU Football game. One word for the whole experience: incredible
I love [Diet] Dr. Pepper and friends who are cool enough to wear DP T-shirts. Meet Stephanie
Oh yeeeeaaaahhhh
10 comments:
I'm so happy you guys are loving Ohio. And congrats on your job! Sounds perfect for you. I think you should take those classes -- free education is pretty sweet. :)
We miss you guys!
horray! that's so awesome whit! this post is awesome for two reasons! 1) you posted = awesome and 2) you love Ohio! I can only imagine how awesome it is to know that you will be somewhere for an extended period of time!! That would be so awesome to be a Buckeye too! HOW FUN!! Are you renting or did you buy a place out there? Your job sounds wonderful too! How's Devon enjoying school? Now that you have family in north carolina and Cali, most likely you won't be coming to Utah anytime soon huh? Dang it...we always miss each other! Call me or text me or just be my friend once in awhile! :)
Congrats on the new school and move! I am glad you guys love it so much. Random, but I went to Ohio once as a teenager and have wanted to live there ever since. Hopefully someday!
Your hair is getting SO long! I LOVE it!!!
Love you guys!
Oh whit!! You are so cute and I am so glad I got to see your cute smiling face, we miss it!! I hope school is going great for Devon and it sounds like work is amazing!! It looks like you have been having some serious fun!! keep posting on your cute life! Miss you!
Glad you've joined the Ohio club. Soon enough, you'll be cool enough to wear an DP shirt...maybe on your next half-birthday. :)
We're glad you're here too :) You guys were sitting right where we were for that Marshall game :) The NC pics look amazing. Lucky duck!
Oh, Ohio is a long ways away :-( but I am SO happy that things are going so well for you guys out there. You deserve it!
woohoo! so happy you guys are BUCKEYES! :D you are so rad!
Still sad that you're not around here anymore, but happy that you're enjoying Ohio. Crazy Buckeyes!
Post a Comment