Monday, August 3, 2009

Good Things Goin' On

I feel proud to say that my father-in-law, Mark, still likes me after I practiced drawing his blood. He actually said he didn't even feel it, which made me feel pretty good! It's so weird because I have always been scared of needles and grossed out at the sight of blood... but not anymore! I'm turning over a new leaf.

Next Wednesday I leave for North Carolina followed by Devon and the rest of the family--James, Mark, Sharla, Tanner, Shira, Devin, and Colton on Saturday. I'm so so excited. As of last week the Dicksons weren't going to come, but we got a call from Shira saying they were booking their flights. What great news! I couldn't believe it!

So many neat things are happening. I feel like a have so much to be grateful for. I'm especially thankful for Devon. He is seriously perfect. He is the BEST husband. I love him so much and I feel like a pretty lucky girl to be his wife.

2 comments:

shira said...

We are SOOOO excited for North Carolina! I need to give you a call and find out the things I should bring for our vacation! (obviously my swim suit) See you guys soon!

Steelefamily said...

Your such a big girl:) Im proud you did not pass out. I would have a hard time sticking someone with a needle