Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Salt Lake Layover

Grandma and Grandpa Brock came into town over the weekend. They were headed back to NC from Hawaii and had a 3 day layover in SLC. I met up with them on Monday and we went to Ihop, the Distribution Center, Costco, mine and Devon's indoor soccer game, and Brick Oven. Grandma kept calling it Heaps of Pizza, really dating herself. They are a crack up together. Grandpa was telling her that she doesn't need another temple dress and she replied, "Don't tell me what I don't need honey." And that was that. Grandma has a new dress. Grandpa got a new white suit for the temple and figuring out his correct size was a riot! He kept saying, "But I'm gonna lose weight!" It was quite a fun day. I'm really missing everyone back in North Carolina! Love you all!

4 comments:

Faith Garff said...

That is too funny... my friend was just telling me that his MOM still calls it Heaps Pizza!

Todd Family said...

"don't put it out with your boots ted!! dont' tell me my business devil woman!" (that's what that reminded me of) haha!

shira said...

your grandparents are the best! they crack me up! especially playing pool together!

Caroline Brock said...

sooo classic. We just got back from a week of joan and earl--there aren't another 2 people in the world quite like them.....never a dull moment.